Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pregnancy Test

Well, since I haven't done any journaling during my pregnancy, I thought I would try and play catch up. I found out I was pregnant on 11/11/11. Wierd huh? I had been feeling really nauseous (more than usual) all week.  Especially when I would get hungry.  So, I woke up on Friday and threw up for the first time.  It was my day off so I decided to take a pregnancy test. I had one left since we had been trying to get pregnant for awhile.  Normally when I would take one, I would try not to look for a few minutes, but usually would see the darn negative line start to form and would immediately be disappointed, then.  This time was different.  I could immediately see the horizontal line starting to form. I hurried and set it down, running out of the bathroom, too giddy to keep watching and assuming it would magically change it's mind and go back to negative.  After a few minutes, I went back and sure enough, still positive! I couldn't stop smiling and was soooo excited for Colin to get home so I could tell him.  I felt like my heart was so full of love and excitement it was going to burst out of my chest.  This is what Colin came home to:


The positive pregnancy test and a onsie that says 'I Love My Daddy'. Colin came in and saw me on the couch, smiled and said hi.  Then, he saw the surprise.  With a smile on his face, he asked "What's this? Are you really?" I said yes and he asked "For real?" He told me he was excited and wanted to hear all about taking the test and how far a long I thought I was.  We called his parents and told them, because my mom works late on Fridays as a Temple Worker, so I knew I couldn't let her know until the next day.  Mom and Dad Sorensen were very excited to hear they were going to be grandparents again.  This will be #9.  The next night, we called my mom and called her Grandma when she answered.  She was obviously very excited since this will be her first grand baby.  I also have quite a few friends and family who found out they were expecting around the same time.  My two cousins are due in June and July and my best friend Ashley is due just 6 days ahead of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment