Monday, October 1, 2012

What... 25?

That's right.  This momma is now 25 years old! That's how old Colin was when we first started dating... and to me then, it seemed sooooo old.  It's crazy where the time went.  I started the day with a good snuggle with my girl.  I usually don't sleep with Oaks in bed, but I was just craving me some momma time, so we took a nap together that morning. Plus, it was her 8 week birthday too and I knooooow that's what she wanted to do for her birthday too :) Then, I slowly got ready throughout the afternoon.  Colin looked so surprised that I actually had both my make up on and my hair done (I usually only get half way through the make up and give up for the day).  We went to Applebee's for dinner to use the gift card my mom had sent me.  Oaklyn charmed all the waitresses and other patrons as she usually does.  Then, we stopped by Walmart to get my present... a new camera! I wanted one of those expensive, professional cameras but at $600, it seemed a little ridiculous for our budget at the time, so we settled for a Nikon digital camera.  Much more affordable, still takes quality pictures, and compact to fit in my already shoulder breaking heavy diaper bag.  When we got home, Colin rocked Oaklyn to sleep while I enjoyed a nice, long, relaxing bubble bath! It was an absolutely great birthday! Here's hoping for another great 25 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment